What are the additional benefits I can choose to add to my policy?
1. Personal Effects and Clothing
We will pay you (or the owner of the property) for loss or damage to personal effects (e.g. rugs, sporting equipment and clothing) which are in or on your car if they are damaged by fire, theft (or attempted theft) or by accidental means, provided that:
- Our total liability will be limited to €200 in respect of any one incident.
- Payment to any person other than you will be paid direct to that person who will observe, fulfil and be subject to the terms, conditions, exceptions and general exceptions of your policy in so far as they can apply.
- At the time of loss or damage, you are not being paid for carrying passengers in your car.
2. Driving other Cars
We will insure you for legal liability, as shown under Section 1 (Third Party Insurance) of the policy document, while you are driving another private car, as long as the private car:
- Does not belong to you or your employer.
- Is not hired or leased to either of the parties described above under a Hire Purchase or Leasing Agreement.
- Is not the property of or in the custody or control of a Motor Trade business of which you are a director, member or employee?
Cover under driving other cars is limited to use within Ireland and the United Kingdom only.
3. Windscreen breakage
We will pay for breakage or repair of glass in the windscreen, windows and roof of your car including any scratching of the bodywork, as long as they are a direct result of that breakage. All claims for this must be processed through our Aligned Windscreen Repair network.
An excess will not apply to a claim payment for windscreen damage and it will not have an effect on your No Claim Bonus.
4. Personal Accident
If selected, Personal Accident covers the driver who suffers bodily injury by accidental means whilst driving.
If the injury results in any of the following conditions the amounts stated below will be paid to the injured party:
|2.||Complete and Permanent Loss of sight of one or both eyes||€12,700|
|3.||Loss by severance of one or more limbs at or above the wrist or ankle||€12,700|
|4.||Permanent total disablement||€12,700|
|5.||Temporary total disablement (payable up to 50 weeks but excluding the first 14 days)||€55 per week|
|6.||Hospitalisation (payable for up to 10 weeks)||€127 per week|
Our standard motor excess is €250. However, this may vary depending on the type of loss or type of policy. Please refer to your schedule of insurance, policy document, or contact us directly if you wish to query this amount.
- Can I cover two cars on one policy?
- Can I switch car insurance from one car to another?
- What types of cover are available?
- Am I insured to drive my car in Europe?
- Will I be covered if I drive someone else's car?
- Am I covered to tow a trailer? Can I cover a trailer on my policy?
- What is a policy excess?
- Product Information
- Cover Information
- TaxSaver Commuter Ticket
- Compare Insurance
- Ways to Save
- Family Car
- Safe Driver App
- Customer Reviews
- Taxi Insurance
- Your Insurance
- Claims Information
- Quick Estimate
- Get a Quote
- Retrieve Previous Quote
- Renew Car Policy
- Green Card Request
- General Information
- Car Insurance for Women