Can I switch car insurance from one car to another?
Yes, you can avail of a temporary substitution (usually if your car is in a garage getting repaired) or a permanent substitution (if you are changing your car permanently).
You also have automatic cover on any car up to 2000cc loaned to you by a garage for up to 7 days while your car is being repaired.
If you require cover on a car over 2,000cc, a car not loaned to you by a garage or for more than 7 days, please contact us. A charge may apply in this case.
A permanent substitution may incur a €20 administration charge.
- Can I cover two cars on one policy?
- What types of cover are available?
- Am I insured to drive my car in Europe?
- Will I be covered if I drive someone else's car?
- What are the additional benefits I can choose to add to my policy?
- Am I covered to tow a trailer? Can I cover a trailer on my policy?
- What is a policy excess?
- Product Information
- Cover Information
- TaxSaver Commuter Ticket
- Compare Insurance
- Ways to Save
- Family Car
- Safe Driver App
- Customer Reviews
- Taxi Insurance
- Your Insurance
- Claims Information
- Quick Estimate
- Get a Quote
- Retrieve Previous Quote
- Renew Car Policy
- General Information
- Car Insurance for Women