What types of cover are available?
There are 2 different types of cover you can choose from: Third Party, Fire and Theft OR Comprehensive. These covers vary in cost and in the level of cover provided; this gives you wider options to choose from.
1. Third Party Fire and Theft
With Third Party Fire and Theft you are covered for any costs incurred for damages in respect of injury to any person, and / or damage to property arising from the use of your car. You are also covered for any loss of or damage to your car and its accessories or spare parts caused by fire, lightning, explosion, theft or attempted theft.
The car is insured for the current market value or the sum insured whichever is the lesser at the time of loss or damage.
With third party fire and theft you are covered for any costs which you may face, for injury to any person and/or any damage to property which your car causes.
You are also covered for any loss or damage caused by fire, lightning, explosion, theft or attempted theft of your car, its accessories or spare parts.
In addition to the cover provided by Third Party, Fire and Theft, with Comprehensive cover you are also covered for loss of or accidental damage to your car, and its accessories and spare parts while in or on the car.
Policy terms and conditions apply.
- Can I cover two cars on one policy?
- Can I switch car insurance from one car to another?
- Am I insured to drive my car in Europe?
- Will I be covered if I drive someone else's car?
- What are the additional benefits I can choose to add to my policy?
- Am I covered to tow a trailer? Can I cover a trailer on my policy?
- What is a policy excess?