What should I do if I have a car accident?
In the event of an accident you should obtain the following information:
- The names, contact details and car details of all parties involved.
- The insurance details including the policy number of all parties involved.
- Details of any witnesses to the incident or members of An Garda Siochana /Police that attended the scene of the accident.
You must also:
- Not admit responsibility, sign any statement or negotiate the settlement of any claim, without the written agreement of Allianz.
- Complete any form(s) we may send You.
- Give us all information and assistance required.
- Notify us immediately of any impending prosecution, inquest or fatal inquiry, writ or summons.
- Send us, as soon as possible, any writ or summons, letter or other documents You may receive.
- The registration and insurance details of your car should be provided to any other party involved and also An Garda/Police, if requested.
- If any person is injured, the accident must be reported to An Garda/Police, whether they attend the scene of not. If you do not do so, we reserve the right not to pay a claim. We are entitled, at any stage during any claim, to take over and conduct the defence or settlement of the claim, and, at our discretion, to pursue the claim for our own benefit in the name of any person insured.
- Can I use my own repairer / garage in the event of a claim?
- How do I make a car insurance claim?
- How will a claim affect my car insurance?
- Product Information
- Cover Information
- TaxSaver Commuter Ticket
- Compare Insurance
- Ways to Save
- Family Car
- Safe Driver App
- Customer Reviews
- Taxi Insurance
- Your Insurance
- Claims Information
- Quick Estimate
- Get a Quote
- Retrieve Previous Quote
- Renew Car Policy
- Green Card Request
- General Information
- Car Insurance for Women