What is a policy excess?
An excess is the first amount of any loss that you are responsible for in the event of making a claim. This amount is deducted from the total claim settlement figure.
Our standard motor excess is €250. However, this may vary depending on the type of loss or type of policy. Please refer to your schedule of insurance, policy document, or contact us directly if you wish to query this amount.
- Can I cover two cars on one policy?
- Can I switch car insurance from one car to another?
- What types of cover are available?
- Am I insured to drive my car in Europe?
- Will I be covered if I drive someone else's car?
- What are the additional benefits I can choose to add to my policy?
- Am I covered to tow a trailer? Can I cover a trailer on my policy?
- Product Information
- Cover Information
- TaxSaver Commuter Ticket
- Compare Insurance
- Ways to Save
- Family Car
- Safe Driver App
- Customer Reviews
- Taxi Insurance
- Your Insurance
- Claims Information
- Quick Estimate
- Get a Quote
- Retrieve Previous Quote
- Renew Car Policy
- General Information
- Car Insurance for Women