We know our business customers are experiencing financial challenges in these unprecedented times. Where possible we will provide brokers with flexibility to help alleviate stress and worry for business customers arising from the COVID-19 crisis. As well as continuing to implement the following measures:
- Alternative Use Cover: We continue to support the repurposing of facilities, to enable their use for testing and caring for those in need of medical attention.
- Business Property Cover – closures: We will maintain existing cover on business premises throughout this enforced Level 5 closure period. Appropriate supervision and security of the property is required throughout.
- Cafés, Restaurants and Pubs: In response to the Government’s Level 5 announcement that all restaurants and cafes must close unless they can offer a takeaway option, we are extending our cover to allow this. For the duration of the Level 5 COVID-19 closure period all restaurant and café policies will now include cover for takeaway services at no additional cost. This cover is provided on the basis that all reasonable precautions are taken and that the HSE guidelines regarding COVID-19 are adhered to.
- Retail (Essential and Non-Essential): We are extending cover to include delivery for the duration of the Level 5 COVID-19 closure period. This extended cover is provided on the basis that all reasonable precautions are taken, the HSE guidelines regarding COVID-19 are adhered to and the appropriate motor insurance cover is in place.
- CVRT: We understand customers may have to wait longer than usual for appointments. We would like to reassure our customers that cover will continue to be provided in the event you are not able to attain your CVRT during this time.