The benefits aligned with our previous ‘Family Car Offer’ (withdrawn from November 30th, 2020) remain subject to the following terms and conditions with the exception of the required use of the Allianz Safe Driver App.
Allianz Family Car Offer Terms and Conditions
- The Allianz Safe Driver App must be installed on the iOS or Android Smartphone of the driver(s) who is currently insured as a named driver on your Allianz car insurance policy, to enable their driving to be monitored and scored* and the terms and conditions of the Allianz Safe Driver App must be complied with;
- The Allianz safe driver score is 80 or more;
- In every 3 month period the named driver must record at least one monitored drive;
- The named driver must not exceed 500kms driving per month;
- Effective from 8th March 2019 the policyholder will receive a 15% discount off the named driver’s portion of the applicable transaction premium;
- The driving score is used at policy renewal to determine if we can apply the safe driver discount. The maximum period for which the renewal discount applies is 5 years from when the Allianz Safe Driver App is first installed. The score is also used to decide if we can allow an introductory no claims bonus for the named driver when they seek an Allianz car insurance policy in their own name in the future;
- The policyholder will receive a 30% discount off the named driver’s portion of their renewal premium, subject to the named driver:
adhering to conditions 3 and 4 above;
achieving a driving score of 80 or more;
completing a minimum of 500kms monitored driving via the Allianz Safe Driver App over a continuous 6 month period;
having no claims arising during the period of monitored driving;
- The named driver will receive a one year no claims bonus for every year of monitored driving with a driving score of 80 or more (via the Allianz Safe Driver App) - applies when the named driver seeks an Allianz car insurance policy in their own name and is valid when monitored driving is in place and for 12 months after monitored driving is terminated; a maximum of 4 years introductory no claims bonus is allowable. The named driver must adhere to the terms and conditions of the Allianz Family Car offer and must have:
a minimum of 2 years monitored driving and with no claims arising within the last 12 months of monitored driving;
a full driving licence;
a minimum of 500kms monitored driving;
at least one monitored drive in every 3 month period;
- Allianz reserves the right to extend or modify this offer at any time;
- Allianz reserves the right to remove any drivers who do not comply with the terms and conditions of the Allianz Family Car offer or with any other policy terms and conditions as outlined in your policy document;
- Allianz reserves the right to refuse car insurance cover for named drivers with an unsafe driving score i.e. a driving score of 30 or less.
Allianz Safe Driver Mobile Application, (Safe Driver App) Terms and Conditions, (the Terms):
- You/Your - The Named Driver, Insured and/or the Policyholder, End User of App.
- We/Us/Our – Allianz p.l.c. a company registered in Ireland, Company registration number 143108. Registered office: Allianz House, Elmpark, Merrion Road, Dublin 4, D04 Y6Y6. Allianz Technology SpA Largo Irneri 1, 34123 Trieste, Italy and other companies within the Allianz Group of companies.
- Data – The information collected from Your Mobile Device by the Safe Driver App related to Your driving behaviour. This includes, but is not limited to time, date, device model, Operating System version, battery level, GPS co-ordinates, gyroscope, distance travelled and accelerometer information.
- Driving Score – A score ranging from 1-100 (one to one hundred) which is calculated based on the analysis of Your driving behaviour as recorded by the Safe Driver App using an algorithm. The overall Driving score is built up over time to provide a picture of Your driving behaviour.
2. What is the Safe Driver App
The Safe Driver App is a free to download App which is intended to record, monitor, collect and track Data about Your driving behaviour. The information collected by the Safe Driver App about Your driving behaviour will be used to calculate Your Driving Score whilst Your Allianz insurance cover is in force. The information collected by the Safe Driver App includes Data, along with braking and acceleration patterns, speed, distance, GPS co-ordinates, route travelled and time of day.
3. How We use the Data collected from the App
We will use and share some information provided during the registration and policy set up and Data for the performance of your insurance contract; and for legitimate business interests, and always in line with our Records Management Policy.
- Your Data will be used to calculate Your Driving Score.
- Your Data will be used to monitor adherence to the Terms & Conditions of the Allianz Family Car offer.
- Your Data may be used by Us for the investigation and resolution of technical issues with the Safe Driver App.
- Your Data may be disclosed to third party service providers to provide support and resolution in the event of technical issues with the Safe Driver App.
- Your Data may be used by Us, to help provide further clarification of the circumstances giving rise to a claim if a claim is made under Your policy.
- Your Data may be used by Us to help prevent and detect fraud.
4. General Terms
The Safe Driver App must only be used by You.
This App will only be provided through English.
If you want to learn more about the Safe Driver App or have a complaint or experience any issues in using the Safe Drive App, please let us know by selecting the Feedback option within the Safe Driver App or email our Customer Service Team at email@example.com
These Terms apply to the Safe Driver App or any of the services accessible through the Safe Driver App (the ‘Services’), including any updates or supplements to the Safe Driver App or any Services.
By clicking on ‘Accept’ You agree to be legally bound by and act strictly in accordance with these Terms and by all other applicable provisions. If You disagree with these Terms and/or with any other applicable provisions, You are not permitted to, and agree not to, use the Safe Driver App.
You must be over 17 years of age to accept these Terms and use the Safe Driver App.
You will not, nor allow third parties to:-
I. make and/or distribute copies of the Safe Driver App;
II. attempt to copy, reproduce, alter, modify, reverse engineer, disassemble, decompile, transfer, exchange or translate the Safe Driver App or any part of it or allow it to be combined with, or become incorporated in, any other programs or attempt to do any such thing; or
III. create derivative works of the Safe Driver App of any kind whatsoever;
IV. rent, lease, sub-license, loan, translate, merge, adapt, vary or modify the Safe Driver App;
V. provide or otherwise make available the Safe Driver App in whole or in part in any form to any person without prior written consent from Us; and
VI. use the Services and/or Safe Driver App for unauthorised or illegal purposes or in ways that might violate Our intellectual property rights and/or a third party’s intellectual property rights
All intellectual property rights in the Safe Driver App, and the Services throughout the world belong to Us and/or Our licensors and the rights in the Safe Driver App and the Services are licensed(not sold) to you.
You may not use the content or services made available in the Safe Driver App.
5. Our Communication with You
If We have to contact you we will do so by email, by SMS or by post, using the contact details you have provided to Us. If either the Policyholder or the Named driver wish to receive details of the Named Drivers Driving Score they can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to receive a copy.
You agree to provide accurate, up-to-date and complete information about Yourself, as prompted by the Safe Driver App and to promptly update Your information as and when any changes do occur. The Named Driver consents to the provision of details of his/her Driving Score and Driving Behaviour to the Policy Holder.
6. Availability of the App
Allianz will use reasonable efforts to make the Safe Driver App available at all times. However, You acknowledge that the Safe Driver App is provided over the internet and via mobile networks and so the quality and availability of the Safe Driver App may be affected by factors outside Allianz’s reasonable control.
Allianz, its group of companies and sub-contractors do not accept any responsibility whatsoever for unavailability, delays, interruptions or breakdowns of the Safe Driver App, or any difficulty or inability to download or access content or any other telecommunications system failure which may result in the Safe Driver App being unavailable
Allianz reserves the right at any time and from time to time to modify upgrade, amend, alter, temporarily or permanently discontinue the Safe Driver App (or any part thereof) with or without notice to You and for any reason.
You agree that We shall not be liable to You or to any third party for any modification, suspension or discontinuance of the Safe Driver App.
Allianz will not be under any obligation to You or any other party, to provide upgrades and/or any support or maintenance in relation to the Safe Driver App.
You must not use the Safe Driver App where restrictions relating to the use of Mobile Devices apply and agree to only use Safe Driver App when it is safe to do so. You are advised to use caution and to not rely in any way on the correct functioning or performance of this Safe Driver App.
We reserve the right, at Our sole discretion, to withdraw, change, modify or remove all or part of these Terms at any time and without reason.
Upon termination, the rights and licenses granted to You herein shall terminate and You must cease all use of the App and Services.
Your continued use of this Safe Driver App, following any such change, will bind You to the revised Terms. You are therefore asked to check this page periodically for such changes on Terms and Conditions.
We hereby grant You a non-exclusive, royalty-free, revocable licence to use the App solely for Your own personal, non-commercial purposes, strictly in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
7. Limitation of Liability
In no event shall Allianz be liable to You or any other person for any direct, indirect, incidental, special or consequential losses or damages, resulting from any claim (including and without limitation, a claim for breach of contract, tort, negligence, breach of warranty or otherwise) arising out of the use or the inability to use the App, or for any changes to the App. In addition, Allianz shall not be liable for any material or data sent, or not sent to You, including but not limited to, loss or damage to property and/or other intangible information.
Allianz is not liable to You for any damage or alteration to Your equipment including but not limited to computer equipment, handheld device or mobile devices as a result of the installation or use of the App.
You acknowledge and agree that while all reasonable efforts have been made by Allianz to ensure that the information on this App is accurate, such information is provided on an "as is" basis only. Allianz does not give nor offer any type of express or implied guarantee, representation, endorsement or warranty with respect to the accuracy, reliability or completeness of the information appearing on, or provided in conjunction with this App.
If You choose to obtain the services of any third-party through this App, You do so entirely at Your own risk. Where links are provided to websites which offer any goods and services for sale, any relationship entered into by You will be with the merchant selling the goods or providing the services. Allianz will not be privy to any such relationship, and accepts no responsibility in relation to the goods or services provided, their delivery or non-delivery, their quality or merchantability.
8. Data Charges
Network Data charges may be applied by Your network service provider for the Data transmission used by the App. You should contact Your network service provider for details of these charges.
The App uses Your mobile Data connection to transfer the driving trip Data. Typically, the Data does not transfer until a WiFi connection is established as the default setting in the App is ‘transfer with WiFi only’. If the option ‘transfer with WiFi only’ is not activated, then the transfer of the Data takes place immediately after completion of a trip. The estimated monthly Data volume depends on vehicle usage and how often Your Smartphone is connected to a wireless network to upload trip Data. For example, if You drive 30 minutes per day and 10 days per month, the transmitted Data is about 1MB per month. The current volume of Data sent is approximately 3.5KB per minute.
If You are concerned about Your Data tariff, set it so that the Data is transferred only via WiFi (selectable in the ‘Setting’ menu item) to ensure the trips are captured and automatically uploaded when the smartphone is in a WiFi zone. Please note that this applies only to the upload of the driving Data. All further actions still require the mobile Data connection and may incur additional costs depending on Your mobile network contract. You should contact Your network service provider for details of these charges.
The App also records abroad and transmits Data so to avoid possible roaming costs during the Data transmission ensure the option ‘transfer only with WiFi connection’ is activated.
This Safe Driver App uses Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google, Inc. ("Google"). Google Analytics uses "cookies", text files that are stored on Your Mobile Device and which allow an analysis of the use of the Safe Driver App by You. The information about Your use of this App generated by the cookie is transferred to a Google server in the USA and stored there. We would like to point out that on this Safe Driver App Google Analytics has been extended by the code "gat._anonymizeIp ();" to ensure an anonymous detection of IP addresses (IP masking). By enabling IP anonymization on this Safe Driver App, Your Google IP address will be previously abbreviated within Member States of the European Union or in other States Parties to the Agreement on the European Economic Area. Only in exceptional cases will the full IP address be transferred to a Google server in the US and abbreviated there. On behalf of the operator of this Safe Driver App, Google will use this information to evaluate Your use of the Safe Driver App, to compile reports on the app's activities, and to provide other services related to the use of the app and the Internet. The IP address provided by Your browser as part of Google Analytics will not be merged with other Google Data. You can prevent cookies from being saved by setting Your Safe Driver App software accordingly, however, we would point out that in this case You may not be able to use all the functions of this Safe Driver App in its entirety. You also have the option to turn off the collection and transmission of usage Data to Google at any time in the settings of Your Mobile Device.
For more information, please visit Google Analytics (general information about Google Analytics).
10. Severance and Governing Law
These Terms shall be governed by and construed in accordance with Irish law.
If any of the provisions of these Terms are determined by any competent authority to be invalid, unlawful or unenforceable to any extent, such term, condition or provision will to that extent be severed from the remaining terms, conditions and provisions which will continue to be valid to the fullest extent permitted by law.
Some App functionality uses 3rd party resources and that content is governed by and can only be used in line with the Terms and Conditions of the respective 3rd Party.
Advertisers and sponsors on the Safe Driver App are solely responsible for complying with all local, national, state and international laws (where relevant) and we exclude all liability in relation to same, howsoever caused. Notwithstanding this, Allianz reserves the right at all times to place advertisements and promotions on the Safe Driver App.
The Safe Driver App or any Service may contain links to other independent websites which are not provided by Us. Such independent sites are not under Our control, and We are not responsible for and have not checked and approved their content or their privacy policies (if any). You will need to make your own independent judgement about whether to use any such independent sites, including whether to buy any products or services offered by them.
We are not responsible for other websites You link to.
For information on Allianz's Telematics Privacy statement and Fair Processing Notice, click here.