Pipletz Smart Home Pack Terms & Conditions
An Introduction to Pipletz Smart Home Pack
Pipletz Smart Home Pack is a home security device which runs via the SIGFOX network (via radio signal) and is battery operated. As a result it is wireless, easy to install and portable when it comes to moving to a new home. This security device is an opening detector sensor for windows and / or doors, which connects to a small hub device within the home, which communicates security breaches via the SIGFOX network to the purchaser’s smart phone PIPLETZ mobile app. The PIPLETZ mobile app may be downloaded as instructed within the product instructions supplied following the placement and delivery of an order. Upon receiving the security breach alert, the purchaser can call the Gardaí to investigate. Also, the purchaser has the option to add the Pipletz Smoke Alarm(s) to their order at purchase stage. This sensor will similarly send alerts to the purchaser’s smart phone and prompt a call to the fire brigade as appropriate. PIPLETZ mobile app subscription is required to avail of this service. A year’s subscription is included when you purchase the device/s. The price for the renewal subscription as of February 2018 is €35.
The following outlines the applicable terms and conditions relating to premium reductions under Allianz Direct home insurance policies; following the purchase and use of the smart protection device(s) introduced via the Allianz plc. website to existing and prospective customers.
Home Insurance Pipletz Smart Home Pack - Pro-rata 10% Premium Reduction Offer Terms & Conditions:
- Allianz plc. is an introducer of the Pipletz Smart Home Pack devices and receive a referral fee for the sale of each Pipletz product and subscription sold and renewed until 31st December 2019 to customers introduced via Allianz plc’s various communication platforms;
- This premium reduction offer is guaranteed from the Pipletz Smart Home Pack purchase date up until 31st December 2019;
- You must have an active home insurance policy with Allianz Direct to avail of the premium reduction offer;
- You must purchase the Pipletz Smart Home Pack (which includes the Smart Central Unit, Door Sensor and one year subscription to the Pipletz mobile app)per these terms and conditions. The price for the Pipletz Smart Home Pack is €149.99. €199.99 for the pack with the smoke alarm.
- Delivery cost of Pipletz Smart Home Pack is €5.95
- If you decide to purchase a Pipletz product, Vizor Technology Ltd., trading as VT will request your name and an active Allianz Direct policy number as part of the transaction and will share these details with Allianz. This information is needed for the purpose of applying the premium reduction to your Allianz insurance policy
- Allianz Direct offers a 10% premium reduction on an annual home insurance policy premium after you purchase a Pipletz Smart Home Pack. Your premium reduction will apply to any optional extras that you choose to cover on your policy. All premium reductions are applied separately to other premium reductions, on a reducing balance basis from the date of purchase, per these terms and conditions, until 31stst December 2019. If the premium reduction is applied mid term (during the policy year) we will refund this premium reduction on a pro-rata basis. We will not apply a Premium Transaction Charge to this transaction.” Minimum premium buildings €106.05, contents €86.10, all risks €12.60 applies.
6a) How does pro-rata work? A pro-rata premium reduction means you get a portion of the discount depending on when in the year you purchase the Pipletz Smart Home Pack. We spread your Home Premium across 12 months and apply your 10% premium reduction on the number of months remaining until your next renewal. For example: Your Annual Home Premium is €350. You purchase the Pipletz Smart Home Pack half way through the year. Leaving 6 months until your Home Insurance renewal is due. Your home premium for 6 months is €175 (€350/12*6). 10% of this €175 is your premium reduction, equalling €17.50.
- An active Pipletz mobile app subscription is required to continue to avail of the premium reduction offer (only guaranteed to be available to Allianz Direct home insurance customer policy renewal dates up to and including 31st December 2019). The current subscription renewal price is €35 as at 1st of February 2018. If you decide not to renew the PIPLETZ mobile app subscription, Vizor Technology Ltd., trading as VT, will notify Allianz plc. of the lapse of the Pipletz mobile APP subscription. Upon receipt of that notification, Allianz Direct will remove the premium reduction offer from your home insurance policy from the date of the next policy renewal;
- Please refer to our Data Protection Policy for details on how Allianz process your data.
- Minimum premiums and standard acceptance criteria apply to the sale of our home insurance products as highlighted on the Allianz.ie website;
- This offer applies to all types of home insurance policies sold by Allianz plc. directly within the Republic of Ireland;
- The Pipletz Smart Home Pack package is sold by Vizor Technology Ltd., trading as VT only;
- You can avail of the offer by visiting the Allianz.ie website and linking to VT as instructed on Allianz.ie
- VT in turn will advise Allianz plc. that a device has been purchased and pass your policy number to Allianz Direct. Allianz Direct will then process the premium reduction from the date we get notification of purchase and refund you by cheque. For monthly instalment payers we will reduce your remaining monthly instalments with the applicable refund amount.
- In the event that you purchase an Allianz Direct home insurance policy after purchasing the VT product, you must contact VT to avail of the premium reduction offer. Email VT at firstname.lastname@example.org and give them consent to notify Allianz Direct of the purchase, where upon receipt we will apply the premium reduction offer as outlined.
- The pro-rata 10% premium reduction on a single home insurance policy is the maximum available with this offer. Multiple sensors or devices do not increase the home premium reduction offered;
- Allianz plc. trading as Allianz Direct, is registered in Ireland. Registration No. 143108. Registered Office: Allianz House, Elmpark, Merrion Road, Dublin 4.
Call centre opening hours:
Mo-Fr: 8am-6pm | Sa: 9am-1pm