How to Deal With a Claim
Loss of or damage to Property:
- Notify the Company immediately of any damage which may give rise to a claim.
- If it is safe to do so, remove any undamaged property to prevent further loss.
- Obtain estimates for repair or replacement as soon as possible
- If immediate repairs must be carried out, avoid paying contractors until the invoices have been checked by the Company or Loss Adjuster.
Broken Windows / Glass
One of the great benefits of having your school insured with Allianz is that you can now avail of our new glass replacement service in the Leinster area called Glasscare. Our top quality glaziers will replace your damaged glass and Allianz will pay the glazier directly. You are responsible for the payment of the Policy Excess to the repairer. Please notify Allianz Claims Department immediately of your claim and we will organise a glazier for you within 24 hours to carry out the repairs.
Bodily injury to an Employee, Pupil or other Person
- Notify the company of any incident which is likely to give rise to a claim.
- Get an early report from any witnesses to the incident.
- Whilst being sympathetic and helpful, do not do or say anything which might be interpreted as an admission of liability.
- If the incident involves equipment, it should be removed from service and kept for inspection.
- Photographs taken of the exact location soon after the accident may prove invaluable in the event of an action against the school.
- Forward solicitor's letters or other correspondence regarding the accident to the Company immediately and without reply.
- FOR MORE ON CLAIMS PROCEDURE, GO TO