Landlord Insurance FAQs

Got a question about Allianz Landlord Insurance? Then read on to find out the answers to some of our customer’s most common queries.
Please note: Our home insurance policy document is available at the bottom of the page for you to download.

Landlords insurance is a policy similar to your home insurance to protect your rental properties. From the landlord who owns a single property, to the entrepreneur who controls a large portfolio of properties, our policies are there to keep you and your premises and/or possessions covered. 

For more details on Allianz Landlord Insurance please check out Home Insurance Policy Document (contents insurance section).

Landlord’s Insurance covers a range of insured perils to the premises you own and rent to tenants.

To see which cover applies to you, please see our Landlord Insurance Cover Information page.

Landlords Liability is a cover in place to indemnify the cost of any injury or damage claims made by tenants which you are held legally responsible for up to a limit of €3,175,000.

For more information please see our Landlord Insurance Cover Information page.

Your policy covers the premise and/or your contents that you may have in the home while renting, including furniture and décor. A tenant cannot make a claim on your landlord policy for any damages caused to their personal possessions while living in your rental property.

We offer Renters Insurance to ensure cover for tenants and their contents.

There are many insurance companies out there that offer Landlord Insurance, so it can be confusing trying to pick the right one for you. When you are choosing your insurer, it is important to ensure they have the following main qualities:

  • A well-known name and a good reputation
  • The right cover you need for your properties
  • Straightforward claiming process
  • Excellent customer service

While landlord insurance is not compulsory by law; it is recommended that any property owner secure their property in the event of any natural catastrophe. Your landlord policy will also indemnify you against all sums which you will be held legally liable to pay as the owner of the premises and also cover you, in the event the property becomes uninhabitable following damage caused by an insured peril for loss of rent.

You can get a personalised quote here.

Emergency Home Assistance is a dedicated service available 24 hours, 7 days a week, 365 days a year there to help you in the event of a sudden emergency, such as a water leak, door lock replacements, or broken glass or window.

For further information, please visit our Emergency Home Assistance page.

Please note: Minimum premium buildings €106.05, contents €86.10, all risks €12.60.