Data Protection Policy
Data Protection – How we use your information
Your Consent By providing your information, you consent(ed) to the use of your information as outlined below. This includes specific / explicit consent for sensitive information such as medical or conviction details.
Use & Disclosure Allianz and your insurance intermediary (where applicable) will use your personal information, including sensitive data, for insurance administration purposes such as providing a quotation, underwriting a policy and handling a claim. We may use and share your personal data to check information provided, and to prevent fraud. These checks may be carried out at any stage, including quotation, mid-term, renewal and claims stage.
We may share your details with or seek information from a number of external parties such as:
- your Intermediary & anyone authorised by you to act on your behalf,
- other insurance companies,
- publicly available information,
- the Insurance Link Anti-Fraud register (for more info see www.inslink.ie),
- the Integrated Information Data System (‘IIDS’) to verify information including penalty points and No Claims Discount (NCD),
- Loss Adjusters, repairers and other claims handling agents, medical practitioners,
- the Motor Insurers’ Bureau of Ireland (MIBI),
- Private Investigators when we need to further investigate certain claims,
- Vehicle history check suppliers/ databases,
- other fraud prevention and ID verification databases available in the insurance industry.
We may also use and share your information for customer satisfaction surveys, statistical analysis and similar purposes.
Personal data may be transferred outside the European Economic Area (EEA) for payment card administration, subject to and in accordance with Data Protection Laws and using appropriate security measures.
Representation If you provide information about someone else, such as an additional insured, you must have obtained this person's consent and have made them aware of the terms of this insurance. For motor insurance, you must also have obtained the additional insured’s consent to allow us to verify their information via the IIDS.
Up-to-Date Information In order for us to keep your information up to date, please contact Allianz or your insurance intermediary if any of your details change.
Access You have the right to request a copy of your personal data held by Allianz and your insurance intermediary (where applicable). This will be subject to payment of an appropriate fee.
Retention: We will retain your personal information in line with our Record Management Policy.
Call Recording Calls may be recorded or monitored for regulatory, training and quality purposes.
For Allianz Direct Customers Only.
Direct Marketing We would like to keep you informed by post, telephone (including mobile), e-mail, SMS or other means about our products and services. We may also share your details with the Allianz Group for marketing purposes. Your information may also be used for these purposes after your policy has lapsed. If you do not wish your information to be used for marketing purposes please write to us at Allianz House, Elmpark, Merrion Road, Dublin 4 or e-mail Us at email@example.com.