- An excess is the first amount of any loss that you are responsible for in the event of making a claim. This amount is deducted from the total claim settlement figure.
- Our standard van excess is €250. However, this may vary depending on the type of loss or type of policy. Please refer to your schedule of insurance, policy document, or contact us directly if you wish to query this amount.
Coverage & Benefits
Yes, Third Party Liability cover to tow a trailer/horsebox is automatically included in your policy, as long as you and your vehicle are in compliance with Road Traffic legislation. Accidental damage cover for trailers may be included as an additional benefit if the cover on your policy is comprehensive.
There are 2 different types of cover you can choose from: third party, fire and theft or comprehensive. these covers vary in cost and in the level of cover provided; this gives you wider options to choose from.
- Third party Fire & Theft
- With third party fire and theft you are covered for any costs incurred for damages in respect of injury to any person, and / or damage to property arising from the use of your van. You are also covered for any loss of or damage to your van and its accessories or spare parts caused by fire, lightning, explosion, theft or attempted theft.
- The van is insured for the current market value or the sum insured whichever is the lesser at the time of loss or damage.
- In addition to the cover provided by third party, fire and theft, with comprehensive cover you are also covered for loss or damage to your van or damage caused by an accident or vandalism, and its accessories and spare parts while in or on the van.